Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Robert Pollard: "We All Got Out of the Army"

Robert Pollard "We All Got Out Of The Army"

(Originally written for and posted to Thunder on 02/12/10)

It's easy to dismiss Robert Pollard's post-Guided By Voices work- it's exhausting. I mean, the dude apparently released 10 records in just the past year as the Boston Spaceships, Circus Devils and Robert Pollard (I cannot confirm nor deny this number because he probably released more). I myself become discouraged to explore his work at times because of the vast quantity of full length albums he releases in a year, at times failing badly.
With this being said, "We All Got of the Army" is worth your time if you are a Pollard fan even in the least. There’s nothing revolutionary here- just solid Pollard songcraft which can be rewarding just in itself.
So, I've done the work for you- go ahead and check out Bob's latest.

Robert Pollard: "We All Got of the Army" out 2/16/10 on Gbv Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment